i’m still struggling with this awful bug i picked up over the weekend. twenty four hour bugs seem to be getting stronger. so here i’ve been, laying in bed all day. no big deal, except for the fact i can actually think of ten thousand other things i need to be doing. like paying attention to this sweet little blog. and laundry, there’s always laundry.
today, i’m taking part in the question wednesday blog hop over at nikki’s mane blog. this weeks questions are based on the theme ‘changing seasons’ and you can read my answers below.
1. What is your favorite season? What colors, scents, tastes, sounds do you associate with it?
i love fall. there’s something about the feel of warm summer days and cool nights that sends me down memory lane everytime. plus, fall means it’s time to break out the boots again!
2. What are your favorite and least favorite parts of each season?
spring: i have a love/hate relationship with the smell of fresh cut grass – i love it but my sinuses hate it.
summer: i love swimsuits and sunshine and the yummy smell of tanning lotion. i’m not crazy about bugs, but who is?
fall: i love when the weather starts to cool off at night and the breezes set in but unfortunately here in alabama fall doesn’t last long enough.
winter: i love the holidays – decorating, buying gifts, spending extra time with family – but i hate the bitter cold. my definition of bitter cold is anything under 60 degrees 🙂
3. Do you have any seasonal disorders (SAD, allergies, the fall dread of school starting up or celebration of same…)?
also, i always get a little bluesy in the colder weather, advanced cabin fever maybe?
4. How do you change your beauty routine as the seasons change? Do you use different products, or just different colors? (Or less makeup during one season, or more during another?)
i’m pretty lax about skin and hair care as it is, but usually in the summer i tone it down even further to just mascara. i also try and lay off the straightener and let my hair go curly more often.
5. Share your favorite winter or summer recipe! A salad, a sandwich, a dessert, a drink…anything.
mm. i love a good bowl of chili in the winter. and for summer, banana pudding. my recipe is undergoing renovation right now because of casey’s recent diabetes crisis but i’m fully confident i can make it taste just as yummy sans sugar.
thanks for reading! shoot on over to nikki’s blog and link up your own answers!